Parish Giving Tree – Collection dates Dec. 5/6th and Dec.12/13th
Due to the challenges of Covid-19 and to maintain safety for all, we have changed the operation of this year’s Giving Tree. Instead of our Christmas Giving Tree with ornaments and traditional gifts, we will be collecting Gift Cards for the families we serve.
The groups included for the giving tree will be:
- Salvation Army
- St. Peter’s parishioners and families
- St. Vincent de Paul clients
- Angel Tree – children of prisoners, these will not be gift cards, but rather donations for gifts.
The ways to participate in the giving tree this year:
- Purchase a gift card. The gift cards will be distributed to recipients from the giving tree. Gift cards can be:
- Placed in one of 2 large wrapped boxes that will be located at the front of the Church.
- Mailed to or dropped off at the parish center, with a note that it is for the Giving Tree.
- Give a monetary gift. The total received will be used to purchase gift cards for the remaining Giving Tree recipients. A monetary gift can be provided by:
- Placing cash or check in an envelope marked “Giving Tree” in the Wrapped boxes at the front of the church. Make the check payable to the Society of St. Vincent de Paul – in memo write “Giving Tree”.
- Mailing a check to (or dropping off at) the parish center, with a note that it is for the Giving Tree.
- Please see the information on the reverse side of this sheet for Angel Tree donations for children of incarcerated individuals.
For the families receiving gift cards. If there are more gift cards than recipients, the St. Vincent de Paul Ministry will give more than one gift card per recipient, depending on need.
Gift card guidelines:
- Any amount is fine. We will combine gift cards as needed to make gifts as even as possible.
- Please write the dollar amount on either the gift card or envelope, and do not use a Gift box/bag or wrapping paper.
- Gift cards can be for any store, but some suggestions are: Walmart, Target, Meijer. grocery stores, thrift stores, fast-food, or restaurants.
Please assure donations made on or before the Dec. 13th deadline as they will be distributed the next day! Thank you for your continued support to brighten Christmas for families in our community!
Virtual Project Angel Tree for Children of Incarcerated Individuals
UPDATE: All of the children for our virtual Angel Tree have been adopted!